Using SMS parking in Sharjah has made parking much easier for car drivers, but there are some key points and guidelines to keep in mind. To help you make the most of this cashless parking facility, here are some useful tips on how to use SMS parking in Sharjah:
How to Pay for Parking in Sharjah via SMS
To pay for parking in Sharjah via SMS, follow these instructions:
- Find your desired parking spot in Sharjah
- Type an SMS in the following format: Plate source
plate number duration. For instance, “SHJ 5423 3” should be entered as “A SHJ 5423 3” if you want a virtual permit in Arabic language.
- Send the SMS to 5566.
- You will receive a confirmation message which will serve as your virtual parking permit. Do not delete this message.
How to Extend Your Parking Permit
Sharjah parking by SMS is usable for one hour only. If you want to use SMS Sharjah parking for another hour, simply reply with a capital ‘Y’ to the reminder SMS from 5566. Your parking extension will be confirmed once you receive a second Sharjah parking SMS.
Paid Parking Zones in Sharjah
Paid parking in Sharjah is mostly available in all busy areas and major roads, such as Al Ghuwair, Umm Al Tarafa, and Al Shahabah.
Parking Timings in Sharjah
All the above-enlisted spots are available for paid parking in Sharjah from 08:00 am to 10:00 pm, except for Fridays and public holidays. Some spots are also available for free parking, however, this facility might be subject to change with any amendments in the UAE’s law.
Registration for SMS Parking in Sharjah
To use SMS parking in Sharjah, you must first register through an SMS to 5566. If you have a postpaid SIM, the parking fee will be included in your mobile bill. If you have a prepaid network, the fee will be deducted from your available credit. You must also be registered on either the Etisalat, DU, or Virgin Mobile network to avail of the service.
Key Points for Using SMS Parking Sharjah Service
- UAE motorists with private plate numbers and DU and Etisalat users do not need to register for Sharjah SMS parking.
- GCC and non-private plate numbers of the UAE need to register first for Sharjah SMS parking, by signing up on the Sharjah Municipality website or by calling 993.
- Your vehicle must have the plate source of the emirate in which it was registered.
- Users can add more than one vehicle to their SMS parking account, once it is registered and activated.
Conditions for Sharjah SMS Parking Service
Here are some conditions to keep in mind when using the Sharjah SMS parking service:
- SMS parking service is only available for cell phone numbers registered via DU, Etisalat, or Virgin mobile networks.
- When paying via prepaid SIM, ensure that you have enough balance for paid parking or you will receive an error message saying ‘Transaction Failed’.
- 38 fils are charged per SMS for using SMS parking service.
- SMS parking Sharjah permit is usable for only one hour. If you do not define the duration in SMS format, the parking fee is automatically